Saturday, June 16, 2007

Twilight Circlings

Since Prairiewolf isn't feeling well tonight, I took our 5 month old setter pup out for a walk around the yard this evening, circling it 6 times at twilight. (I have slight hopes of sleeping through the night. He took in way more water than he put out.)

It was beautiful. The sky was a dusky turquoise lightening towards gold and mauve near the western horizon. The leaves of the cottonwoods and willows were darkly silhouetted against the remaining light, with a sliver of a moon peaking in and out as I moved around.

Completing the mid-June scene were hundreds of fireflies dancing above the grass. They started out dispersed throughout the yard. By the time I went inside, most seemed to have moved into the swale where they formed an early sparkler show. Magic for my memory.

No comments: